Admin abuse report

Hi, I’ve been playing Rust for a little while now and came across your server and its been pretty cool and I actually found some nice people to live in a general neighborhood.
Tonight, around 9PM central time an Admin seemed to be in a very bad mood and lost control of his anger.
I understand being in a bad mood but a person in the role of an admin should be mature enough to step away instead abusing his power.
He was abusive to a player that has been very nice to many others on this server and when the player had enough of it, the admin teleported the player into the air and dropped him so that he ended up losing his loot. After this, the admin, [NN] Thunder, began making fun of the whole situation in chat. I was able to screen capture parts of it.

[NN] Thunder: he logged rofl
[NN] Thunder: I tp’d him to me and dropped him from like 1000 ft

This is not the way an mature admin that can be trusted to operate a game server acts.
If there is a problem, then kick or ban the player, you don’t berate the player then start antagonizing him so that you can use admin powers then make fun of the entire situation in chat.

When players began addressing this issue on your discord server, they were banned and all postings deleted.
If an admin can ban then delete all of the postings, then how do you expect to prevent abuse?

At another point the admin clearly shows that he has lost control of his emotions:

[NN] Thunder: anyone else wanna call me a shitty admin while were on the subject?

This is not the behavior of a competent and fair admin. This is someone is has lost control of his emotions and becoming abusive.
Another player says in chat " yup shitty admin" he gets permanently banned from the server immediately.
This is obvious abuse by someone who should have walked away and come back when they can do their job appropriately.

I understand that the owners of the server cannot monitor everything all the time but staying silent about things like this will only let certain people continue to ruin the game for players.
20190103212631_1.jpg
20190103215506_1.jpg
20190103215626_1.jpg

Additional images from discord including a screen capture made to make fun of the player.
Capture0001.JPG
Capture0001.JPG
Capture0002.JPG

Hi! Thanks for your report.

I recently joined the Rust Staff Team (I’m usually the MW2 guy) and I witnessed everything that happened today, ranging from the images, comments, deleted messages and more, and while I can’t speak for the admin Thunder, I can at least speak for myself as an admin following the rules set forth, including the multiple violations by other users. TL;DR at bottom.

I’ll quote and respond to specific parts of the above message.

He was abusive to a player that has been very nice to many others on this server and when the player had enough of it, the admin teleported the player into the air and dropped him so that he ended up losing his loot. After this, the admin, [NN] Thunder, began making fun of the whole situation in chat. I was able to screen capture parts of it.

In response to this, I can only say that I have not seen the aforementioned users “niceness”. I had been on the server for over an hour before their ban and the entire time that the user was online, they were aggrivating normal users and being a troll to Admins, stating that they had broken the rules in having a NINE (wo)man team going around raiding, which violates our policy of having a 4 man team maximum. They had also told basic users to “fuck off” and at one point, attempted to sneak around our racism rule by saying “nibba” instead of the other one. If I weren’t busy at the time learning the commands, I’d have banned the user personally for being a troll and cheating the system by running a 9 man team.

When players began addressing this issue on your discord server, they were banned and all postings deleted.

I count 3 main users who had complained. The first user proceeded to call all admins retard and attacked anyone (admin or not) who tried to defend the situation. They were removed because of their intense hostile actions. The second user is not banned, they left. The third user proceeded to attack several admins (myself included) in DMs and then blocked us all to prevent any responses. They were removed from the server aswell due to their hostile nature.

At another point the admin clearly shows that he has lost control of his emotions:

[NN] Thunder: anyone else wanna call me a shitty admin while were on the subject?

This is not the behavior of a competent and fair admin. This is someone is has lost control of his emotions and becoming abusive.
Another player says in chat " yup shitty admin" he gets permanently banned from the server immediately.

The user you are referring to was not banned for calling the admin out. He was banned for racism, which is a no-go on any of our servers, including rust. We don’t accept homophobic, racist, sexist and so on based comments because noone deserves that shit. You also have to bear in mind that many of us were called onto the server for various reasons, but almost all centered around reports of hackers, cheaters and racism, almost all reports leading to no outcome, which ruins our ability to enjoy the server and also takes us away from our own lives. If it were myself, I would be just as unhappy as Thunder, although I speech my words as you can see so far.

I understand that the owners of the server cannot monitor everything all the time but staying silent about things like this will only let certain people continue to ruin the game for players.

The owner of the server was notified about the issues prior to this post, but thank you anyway for taking the time to report regardless.

TL;DR:
I cannot speak for Thunder, but I can certainly understand him. Users were breaking rules, and they were dealt with, albeit a different method. No-one is innocent in an issue like this, and no-one can claim that they are, because everyone was involved in some way, shape or form. No user(s) were unfairly banned, and while things may or may not have been handled differently, a fair outcome was released for the affected users.

Thank you for your very fast and thorough response.
I cannot attest to what some users were or were not saying and will not try to.

That said, I must clarify that when the admin says “anyone else wanna call me a shitty admin while were on the subject?” and a player responds by saying “yup shitty admin” that this is not a homophobic, racist, or sexist remark in any way shape or form. It could even be seen as playful banter compared to what often shows up in this chat.
Based on this, the player ZippyECS was banned without merit on this situation alone. Once again, my experiences with the player is limited.

The player that initially reported this to me is the player that was first engaged by the admin and is “nickizsofresh21”.

Once again, thank you for your quick response regarding this matter!

So just to make sure i get this straight. You made an admin complaint (while you yourself were offline, as i saw your sleeper several times during this instance while doing random group checks) and made a complaint without even assessing the the fact that nick had deserved what he got, or having heard the other side of the story?

Long story short, dont believe everything you hear. Nick originally complained about a tip hr submitted, which we could not act upon due to time constraints. When i finally got to it on Wednesday evening, my 48 hr ban of the involved parties did not seem like a sufficient punishment in his eyes. So he began with the aggravating chat in game, which ultimately lead to his removal.

His friend zippyecs was in much of the same boat you are: hear one side of the story from nick and then decided to climb up the tree without invite or reason. I will gladly ban 3-4 people to spare the other 200 members of the server from having to deal with people who will cause problems. I will make that call again and again. However i do not appologize for last nights behavior, as it was warranted given the circumstances i had been put in as an admin. Like it or not, its up to me and my teams descretion on how to handle disruptive players.

We look forward to seeing you (or not) in thr server in the future, please do enjoy yourself.

I definitely did not have both sides of the story and this seemed to be the only way to get both sides without fear of being banned during the firestorm that was going on.
I respect the position you were in and I agree with any actions you saw fit to take in the situation.

As of this time, I consider this issue closed and I would like to withdraw my abuse report concerning all involved.

Thank you MyChrysalis and Thunder_21 for giving your sides of the entire situation and for being so quick to respond to my concerns!

Not a problem My friend, we always welcome criticism where its due, and thank you for hearing us out on this.