COD4 NamelessNoobs 24/7 Bro - Ban Appeal

In-Game Name: jFierce
Date and Approximate Time of Banning: Maybe Friday July 3?
Admin That Banned You: System/Rcon
ID: 2310346615308413814
Any Comments You May Have: I just bought CoD4 MW from the Steam Summer Sale, I think on July 3. When I tried to join the NamelessNoobs 24/7 Bro server for the first time, I was notified that I was permanently banned. I been playing on other servers the past few days but they are mostly in EU. Id actually prefer to play on a low ping server and yours are pretty much the only ones that are populated; so I decided to appeal the ban today. I have played other CoD games in the past and had fairly high KDRs. However, my account is 10-15 years old and my status shows 0 bans. The other wierd thing I noticed is that I am only banned on this server but I am able to play on all your other CoD4 servers. The only other thing I can think of that is different about my account is that I play on Linux so I use Steam Proton to play CoD4.

Thank you.

Hello,

Please try connecting to the servers via a windows pc our servers do not support linux players at this time.

Hi jFierce, like St0rm said, unfortunately we can’t support playing through Linux at this time because cod4 on Linux doesn’t generate a unique hardware GUID the way that is supposed to, so there is no way for us to differentiate between different players. If you have the option to connect using Windows, everything should work fine, but other than that, there isn’t really anything we can do.

Appeal Closed

// Thread Locked / Moved //